When you’re drowning is no time to start swimming lessons.
Microphones and cameras are scary things. They can drain the confidence from your key people, and leave your carefully planned strategies sounding not all that carefully planned at all. And those “bad air” days can end up costing you for a long time to come. It pays to be prepared and to keep those skills honed.
Whether you need media training in St. John’s, Saskatoon, or some other part of the planet, we offer customized media training sessions that present sound approaches and ways to strategically prepare for when the media comes calling.
We have helped college administrators, Emergency Response planners, medical professionals, business owners and executives, and political leaders face the public and their fears, and rise to a whole new level of effectiveness in front of the media and public gatherings.
For in-depth training, we strongly recommend video taping staged interviews, which are then reviewed and discussed, to allow an exceptional degree of fine-tuning.
How much do trainees benefit from our media training?
Read these comments from some of the professionals who have taken our media training in Newfoundland and Labrador:
- “The skills learned will be very valuable in dealing with situations other than media — staff meetings, discussions with local politicians and other speaking engagements — great opportunity to evaluate where one needs improvement.“
- “I normally have difficulty sitting through a two-day session. In this case my attention was always captured.“
- “Really liked the complete practicality… just enough theory to help us relate then right on to the practical application.“
- “Tips were invaluable and the opportunity to practice and instantly review your performance was very helpful.“
- “Very applicable and helpful. Many aspects of current job can be enhanced with this information, and will be enhanced! Looking forward to practicing the skills that were learned.“
Do you keep putting off your media training?
Perhaps things are humming along just fine for your company, and the only crisis to be addressed is whether your next computer should be Windows or Mac. (Go Mac; trust me on this one.) Sunny skies now, though, do not guarantee sunny skies every day. Unfortunately, all too many companies are in the midst of a media disaster before they realize they need media relations or media training. That’s not where you want to be; when you’re drowning is not the best time to start swimming lessons.
However, if that’s where you are and time is simply not an option, we offer crisis planning and on-the-spot counseling to give your spokesperson confidence and clear direction. We have handled some notable corporate crises, including one of Canada’s oldest companies seeking protection on more than $13 million in debts. (Don’t want to ruin the story for you, but it had a surprise happy ending.)
The whole truth, and nothing but…
Despite the bad reputation that PR sometimes carries, we are sticklers for honesty. Our first advice to you will always be to tell the truth, and to tell it quickly. Many a politician, businessperson, clergy, and spouse will tell you that they wish they had done exactly that during their moments of crisis.
Let’s get started…
You need exceptional media training. We deliver exactly that. Call us for info or fill out our form. Now kick… stroke.. kick… stroke. That’s good. You’re getting it.